Research shows that drinking green tea can have a positive effect on our body weight as well as our general health. Green tea also contains less caffeine than coffee, which is better for the health of our over-stressed nervous system.
The bitter green stuff increases our metabolism (aka burn more calories/ kilojoules throughout the day), increases our body's ability to burn fat and drinking a cup of tea often suppresses our appetite a little.
Some other health benefits:
- Natural antioxidant
- Inhibits the growth of cancer cells
- Lowers the total cholesterol levels
- Improve the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol
- Helps reduce the risk and treat rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces the risk of experiencing cardiovascular disease
- Treat impaired immune function
- Help prevent tooth decay
- Prevent food poisoning
Now you may be asking how much do I need to drink? Well, you can never have too much of this superfood drink, in fact, researchers recommend drinking between 5-10 cups per day to get the full benefits of drinking green tea.